15/12/2012

Two Happy Guests

We had a lovely group over for tea at the end of November, they sent us an amazing review.  It was really nice getting feedback and knowing that people are having a nice evening.  Here is what they said.


"After travelling through a cold November night, there was a warm welcome at Bob and Carrol's.  As a tempter, we were presented with a round of brushetta topped with some garlicky mushrooms sprinkled with a mild blue cheese.  Absolutely brilliant!  And the evening was about to get better and better.

Between the six of us, we had two selections of each course, and although my starter of red onion and goats cheese tartlet was so tasty, I wanted to try the grilled salmon that some of the other guests had.  But, I had another two courses to go, so perhaps I should save that for another day.

My main course of stuffed pork fillet was amazing, but it didn't stop me from ogling the braised lamb shank that two other guests were having.  Oh...the meats were so tender and tasty, it was delightful.

By the time that desserts were being served, I had forgotten what I had requested, but I didn't really care because I had reached the conclusion that anything that Bob and Carrol had made would have been brilliant; and I wasn't going to be disappointed I had the poached pear, stuffed with dates and figs and served with the most amazing caramel sauce.  Absolute heaven!  However, I was still looking enviously at the white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake that some of the others were having - I wanted to try it all.  No doubt that Bob would have let me try (they did offer to bring a spare piece of cheesecake in for me) but I was reminded of that schoolboy trait - eyes being bigger than my belly - when my trousers felt very tight, and I just couldn't eat any more.

Everything on tonight's menu had been homemade by Bob and Carrol and it was as near perfect as was possible.  From the start of the evening and their warm welcome, to the last drop of coffee and a cheery "Good Night", it was all just so good.  My wife and I can honestly say that we have never been treated so well, even we've been to an expensive restaurant.  We were so pleased that we have already asked when we can return, only to be told that we have to wait till February.

If you have the chance, you really must try their hospitality - you will not be disappointed

S&A"